A simple experiment with nature. A brand spawned from nothing more than the constant search for fresh aesthetic appeal. Utilizing one of the earth’s most abundant natural resources, Shwood is handcrafted eyewear created with the intent of individuality and uniqueness that can only be found in natural surroundings. Free from passing trends, the brand’s focus remains that of its roots, innovation and creation. Long live creativity.
Shwood’s in-house manufacturing process merges precision technology with classic skilled craftsmanship to create a timeless art form. Every step from veneering and precision ply cutting, to shaping and finishing is conducted in our own Portland-based workshop to promise an entirely handcrafted eyewear piece. Wood manipulation is kept to a minimum in order to showcase the medium’s natural and unique splendor. All models are accompanied by 100% UVA/UVB protection Carl Zeiss lenses imported from Italy. Polarized lenses are also available.
- -Zebrawood - Wood tone varies from light golden-yellow to pale golden-brown, with narrow veining of dark streaks giving the wood a zebra-stripe appearance.
- -Three-ply frame and two-ply temple construction
- -In-house, handcrafted manufacturing process
- -Sustainably-harvested wood, sourced from authorized and supervised plantations in different African countries
- -Optical quality, SOLA by Carl Zeiss lenses offer 100% UVA/UVB protection (more info)
- -Frame Measurements: 55-17-140 (mm - lens width x bridge x temple length)
- -Stainless steel optical hinges
The Canby, which debuted in July 2009, is available in zebrawood, maple or wenge (a dark tropical hardwood).
Each sustainable, handmade frame features 100% Carl Zeiss Italian lenses and sells for $95, while the polarized models go for $115. You can order online at Shwood.